For those companies who want to start with THREE different areas for Power IBM i Security protection, SOSY recommends Security Starter Kit 2.
Security Starter Kit 2
The Security Starter Kit 2 focuses on: Compliance overview, protecting your Power i against external access and IFS virus protection:
- Security reporting ensure you:
- Get an overview of the security state of your system. Produce reports weekly, monthly or quarterly. User the standard reports available or define customized reports to obtain just the type of security information you are interested in.
- Can answer the questions from the auditors, e.g. who can do what on your system, how well protected are your exit points
- Can follow your system’s security status, i.e. hopefully you will get less “flags” as time moves as and you apply more and more security policies, update user authorities, remove old inactive users etc. etc.
- Exit point management means you:
- Know who has access to your Power IBM i
- Control what external users allowed to do on your system
- This tool actively locks down your system and protects you from “unwanted visitors”
- Antivirus for your IFS implies:
- You protect all the files in your Integrated File System on your Power IBM i against virus
- That the virus protection on your Windows servers is extended to IFS on Power i
- No Excel, Word, … files on your IFS will get infected by virus. No malware will reside within your IFS.
- You finally have an insurance for this part of your system… just like you have insurance for your car.